This is a dream product for any traveller, an option in an app that can answer queries, however small and mundane they may be in almost real time.
Marriott Group has recently launched the Mobile Request option on the Marriott Mobile app, specifically designed to request services and amenities.
Below are the details of Mobile Request option worth remembering for your travels with the Marriott Group across the globe:
- Travelers everywhere will be able to instantly connect with 500 Marriott Hotels worldwide before, during and after their stays using the new Mobile Request option on the Marriott Mobile app
- Mobile Request will be available to the 50 million members of Marriott Rewards, the company’s loyalty program
- The industry-leading “Anything Else?” feature offers guests two-way chat functionality to have conversations in real time with the hosts at Marriott Hotels who can fulfill and confirm their requests. It also offers a drop-down menu with most requested services and amenities, such as extra towels and pillows
- Guests on the road can simply tap once on the Marriott Mobile app icon and be instantly connected to their hotel, rather than having to find the hotel’s phone number and punch in ten or more digits. For guests who have checked in and might be in a business meeting or in their guest room rushing to get ready for an engagement, Mobile Request gives them immediate access to hotel staff, rather than having to call or visit the front desk
- With Mobile Request, Marriott Rewards members can order services and amenities directly from their mobile devices, beginning up to 72 hours before their stay
- Guests can download the free Marriott Mobile app from the Apple iTunes Store, Google Play and at http://www.marriott.com/marriott/mobile-apps.mi. Guests can easily enroll in Marriott Rewards at no charge at http://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
“Some 75 percent of people travel with one or more mobile devices and the percentage is higher for younger travelers,” said Matthew Carroll, vice president, Marriott Hotels. “We know today’s travelers want a mobile experience built around their changing needs and desire to communicate on their terms. Mobile Request is the brand’s next evolution since our introduction of mobile check-in, checkout and room ready alerts worldwide.”
More on Marriott:
Marriott Hotels is on a transformational journey to enable its guests to Travel Brilliantly by engaging guests, experts and influencers to join with the brand in co-creating the future state of travel. Guests and travel enthusiasts can visit www.travelbrilliantly.com to experience the countless ways Marriott Hotels continues to meet the needs of today’s travelers. In addition to mobile check-in, checkout, room ready alerts and Mobile Request, Marriott Hotels is piloting keyless entry with mobile devices at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel.
Offering innovative mobile and digital solutions is central to Marriott International’s commitment to helping its guests maximize all aspects of their travel experience and have ready access to the places, people and things that matter to them most. Mobile Request will be introduced at additional Marriott International brands after the rollout for Marriott Hotels is completed this summer as part of the company’s connected guest mobile/digital strategy to engage travelers before, during and after their stays.
With 500 hotels and resorts in nearly 60 countries around the world, Marriott Hotels is evolving travel through every aspect of the guest’s stay, enabling the next generation to Travel Brilliantly. Boldly transforming itself for mobile and global travelers who blend work and play, Marriott leads the industry with innovations, including the Greatroom, and Mobile Guest Services that elevates style & design and technology. All Marriott Hotels participate in the award winning Marriott Rewards frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information, visit www.MarriottHotels.com