Meet-ups and pop-ups. These are often used terms to describe events of various kinds in cities like Mumbai and Delhi. But what do they exactly mean? What goes on in such events? Who attends them?
This and many more such questions sprout in front of me when I declare that my weekend will start with attending a travel meet-up. So here I decode the workings of a meet-up.
- A meet-up is typically an event based on a particular area of interest. Say for eg food, travel, fashion, etc. You can visit the NatGeo Traveller India travel meet-up or Little Flea pop-up that are held in Mumbai. NGT meet-up is held on the second Friday of every month whereas the LFM showcases food, art and fashion once in a year.
2. It is either held by an established or an upcoming brand. Ultimately, the audience benefits from both 🙂
3. People of all ages attend the event for their love of wanderlust
4. You will have speakers share their experiences aligned to the event’s theme
5. The amazing part is the knowledge sharing which makes one aware about places that they may have never heard of, the local cuisines that they might have wanted to try but were not sure
6. Networking is an added benefit of attending such events where you get to meet like-minded people who can end up being your travel buddies for upcoming trips. You might also bump into an avid adventure-seeking traveller, just like I did!
7. Inspiration will flow from every direction if you are unsure about your travel plans. Ask questions or share your experience with fellow travellers at a travel meet-up